Here’s an easy recipe to take advantage of a surplus of rhubarb.
One Bowl Rhubarb Custard Squares
Just one bowl, first make the shortbread base, press it into the bottom of a cake pan, sprinkle on the rhubarb, then use that same bowl to mix the custard topping. Pour it over the rhubarb, bake, cool and eat!
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 c fresh not frozen rhubarb, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend crust ingredients. Press into ungreased 9" x 9" pan.
- Evenly spread the chopped rhubarb on the crust.
- Mix topping ingredients in the same bowl then pour it over the rhubarb.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or till crust is golden brown.