What do you bake when you have hungry guys around, and a basket of fast ripening fruit?
Muffins! And a loaf!
Into the blender went 2 peeled ripe bananas, 2 cored, washed, but not peeled pears, and 4 washed clementines, peel and all. I did cut them in half in case they had seeds, most do not, but I wanted to be sure.
Whir, whir, whir, made 2 1/2 cups. Add more fruit if needed, the 2 1/2 cups is important. Add the oil, a couple of eggs, then the sugar.
All the other ingredients are mixed in a large bowl, then the contents of the blender dumped in.
Stir, stir, stir, just enough to mix the ingredients, no dry spots, but lumps are fine.
I half filled 12 muffin cups and 1 loaf pan, baked at 375 .
Yum, yum, yum.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 ripe pears, washed, cored and quartered
- 4 clementines, washed and halved. Remove any seeds
- 1/2 cup veg oil (I used avocado)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar (I used white)
- 3 1/2 cups flour (I used white all purpose)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Puree the fruit in the blender, you need 2 1/2 cups. Add more or less fruit to get that quantity.
- Add the oil, eggs and sugar, and blend some more. The blender will be pretty full.
- In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the dry ingredients and stir only until there are no dry spots. Lumps are fine.
- 1/2 fill paper lined or silicone muffin pan. I used 12 large muffin cups and used the remaining batter in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake around 30 minutes for muffins and 45 minutes for loaf. They're done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.