I hope you are all enjoying the holiday, Merry Christmas.
I went to a pot-luck lunch last week, and knew a friend of mine was going too. She has food allergies, so I wanted to bring something she could eat. I made a rice salad using organic black rice, and it was soooooooooo good!
Black rice has a long history, here’s a link if you’d like to read about it.
I have no pictures of the salad, sorry. The next time I make it, and I will, I’ll add some pictures. I got my rice at our local Bulk Barn, but I’m going to check to see if Natural Sequence here in Trenton carries it.
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 cup black organic rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 small onion, finely shopped
- 2 tablespoons honey, the real stuff
- Bring the rice to a boil and cook until soft. It will turn a beautiful purple colour as it cooks. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add the vinegar, onion and honey while the rice is still warm, stir well, then refrigerate until it's time to serve.